May 6, 2010
Do You Have Your Ticket to Summer Entertainment Fun Yet?
Hot off the presses, and in Mealtickets displays this week, are the new cards for the Interlochen Summer Arts Festival. You’ve probably already seen their large program, but you can’t beat the convenience of our little cards. They’re a perfect pocket-sized schedule of Interlochen’s concert lineup.
Pick up an Interlochen card today at area hotels other display locations. And order your tickets to one of the Traverse area’s oldest and most creative arts institutions. Order tickets online at www.tickets.interlochen.org
2010 Summer Arts Festival
- June 14: Sheryl Crow w/Colbie Caillat
- June 26: The Moody Blues
- June 30: Béla Fleck, Zakir Hussain & Edgar Meyer
- July 1-4: Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”
- July 3: The Capitol Steps
- July 4: World Youth Symphony Orchestra
- July 8-11: Shakespeare’s “Macbeth”
- July 8: Taj Mahal w/Shemekia Copeland
- July 9: Playhouse Disney’s Choo-Choo Soul
- July 11: WYSO w/David Shifrin
- July 13: Interlochen “Collage”
- July 14: POST Comedy Theater
- July 17: Punch Brothers w/Loudon Wainwright III
- July 18: JoAnn Falletta conducts WYSO
- July 21: Peter & Paul: A Tribute to Mary & 50 Years of Music & Friendship
- July 22: The Oak Ridge Boys
- July 23: Paul Taylor Dance Company
- July 24: Leanne Morgan, comedienne
- July 25: WYSO w/Philippe Quint
- July 26: Parker String Quartet
- July 27: Cloud Cult
- Aug 1: Erik Nielsen conducts WYSO
- Aug 5- 8: “Aida”
- Aug 9: Lyle Lovett
- Aug 10: Garrison Keillor’s A Prairie Home
- Aug 13: David Sanborn
- Aug 16, 18 & 21: Enso String Quartet
- Aug 19: Foreigner
- Aug 20: Josh Turner
- Aug 24: Brandi Carlile
- Aug 26-28: Interlochen Guitar Festival
February 12, 2010
The 2nd Annual Great Indoor Folk Festival
Saturday, February 13th from 12pm - 5pm
The Village at Grand Traverse Commons
The all-folk, all-acoustic festival aims to be bigger and better this year, expanding down another hallway at the southern end of the Mercato and also establishing a new stage at Left Foot Charley. As with last year’s event, there will be a band stage, a duo stage, children’s stage and solo stage, as well as an open mic at Cuppa Joe. Family friendly and free admission…fun for all!
While you’re at the Commons, stop by Left Foot Charley for their H’arts and Arts for All fundraiser
NM3, RedHot Marketing and Left Foot Charley are sponsoring a special event for VSA (Very Special Arts of Grand Traverse County.) $50 Ticket includes a Silent Auction, Music, Wine & Food. Proceeds to benefit VSA.
For more information contact Left Foot Charley at 231.995.0500.
December 7, 2009
"A CHRISTMAS CAROL: THE MUSICAL"
December 11-13, Corson Auditorium
Friday & Saturday, 7:30pm; Saturday & Sunday, 2pm
Charles Dickens’ timeless tale of redemption and kindness comes alive in a spectacular musical production. Called by The New York Times "a tonic for adults, and for children a transfixing journey," this enchanting holiday classic features a beautiful score by composer Alan Menken (Beauty and the Beast, The Little Mermaid) and lyricist Lynn Ahrens (Ragtime, Seussical: The Musical). Order tickets online at tickets.interlochen.org
September 11, 2009
Drive-In Movie Features Friday, September 11 – Saturday, September 12th
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, rated PG
The Time Travelers Wife, rated PG-13
Movies are always a double feature and always family friendly. Rain or shine, dusk is the time. The Cherry Bowl Drive-In Theatre is located on US-31 in Honor, Michigan.
September 10, 2009
Get a Free Skating Lesson from Twin Bays Skating Club
TBSC is offering a FREE Learn to Skate Clinic for beginning skaters from age 3 through adult this Saturday, September 12th from 11am to 12:20pm at HOWE ARENA. Bring your friends, relatives, neighbors and show them how much fun skating can be!! The regular basic skills program will begin on Saturday Oct. 3 and Monday Oct. 5. Basic Skills registration packets/info will be available at the clinic. Any skater who attends the free clinic and signs up for the basic skills program at the clinic will receive a 10% discount on their basic skills registration.
The Twin Bays Skating Club offers skating lessons at all levels for children and adults. For more information on the Basic Skills and other programs visit their website at www.twinbays.org.